Dr. King moved from the Frank Nelson building downtown and had this building constructed specifically for dentistry by Gordon E. Burton. The building was controversial but modern. He practiced with his uncle, Dr. Ed King. Dr John M. King was the fist King to own an automobile in 1915. He was known to take his petal powered dental drill to patients' homes when needed. Mr. Burton recalls the greatest invention for dentistry, the high speed drill with water spray! Dr. King practiced with his wife as receptionist/assistant until they retired.